- All Products
- Shop by Brands
- BW Technologies
- BW Technologies
- BW Technologies Monitors
- BW Clip
- GasAlertClip Extreme
- GasAlert Extreme
- GasAlertMicroClip XT
- GasAlertMicroClip XL
- GasAlertMicroClip X3
- GasAlertMax XT II
- GasAlertMicro 5 Series
- IntelliDox Docking System
- MicroDock II
- Calibration Equipment
- Confined Space Kits
- GasAlertMicroClip XL Confined Space Kits
- GasAlertQuattro Confined Space Kits
- GasAlertMax XT II Confined Space Kits
- GasAlertMicro5 Confined Space Kits
- Sampling Equipment
- Sampling Accessories
- Gas Monitors
- Gas Monitor Manufacturers
- BW Technologies
- Gas Clip Technologies
- GfG Instruments
- Honeywell Analytics
- Otis Instruments
- RAE Instruments
- RKI Instruments
- Gas Monitor Categories
- Single-Gas Monitors
- Multi-Gas Monitors
- Zero Maintenance Monitors
- Fixed System Gas Monitors
- Confined Space Kits
- Wireless Fixed Point Gas Detectors
- Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) Monitors
- Calibration Gas
- Find By Instrument Brand
- Manufacturer Equivalent Cylinders
- *Ifyou are searching for a brand specific cylinder P/N# type it in thesearch box above, or navigate to the calibration section of yourinstrument brand
- Combustion Analyzers
- Water Quality
- Reliability Instruments
- All Categories
Gas Alert Micro Multi-Gas Monitor by BW Technologies
With all the features you need in a personal gas monitor and weighing just 7.3 oz. (211 g), the rugged Gas Alert Micro is Perfect for OSHA Confined Space Compliance.
The Gas Alert Micro's features and how they benefit you:
- High-contrast LCD displays all gases and concentrations simultaneously. No guessing what gas is present.
- LOW and HIGH alarms that come preset to OSHA alarm levels.
- Also included are TWA (Time Weighted Average) and STEL (Short Term Exposure Limit) alarms that are usually expensive add ons with other monitors. All alarms can also be changed to whatever level the user desires.
- High-output 95 decibel audible alarm. No wimpy alarms here. This thing is loud!
- Two super bright RED LED alarm bars that get noticed when in alarm
- Internal vibrating alarm
- Rubberized case is shock absorbing, practically eliminating costly repair bills
- Backlight turns on automatically in the dark, or can be turned on at any time by the user
- Auto zero's all sensors and automatically calibrates the oxygen sensor on startup
- Records and displays TWA, STEL and peak readings
- Runs on AA alkaline or NiMH rechargeable batteries. This flexibility ensures that you will never be left with a dead battery and unable to use your monitor.
- The runtime for alkaline batteries is 16-18 hours (two work shifts) and rechargeable NiMH is 14-16 hours. Also, there is no need to worry about memory conditions that plague NiCad batteries since NiMH batteries don't suffer from this.
- Full function self-test verifies sensor, circuitry, battery integrity, and audible/visual alarms. No more worrying if the instrument is functioning properly or not.
- Optional pump available for remote sampling
- Order the confined space kit for everything you need to be OSHA compliant. Includes Regulator, Calibration Gas, Carrying Case, Filters, Hose, Charger, and Sampling Pump.
If you have researched gas monitors you have quickly learned that they are usually unwieldy, heavy, and carry price tags in the $1,500 - $2,500 range.
Why the dramatic drop in price and size?The reason for the Gas Alert Micro's dramatic reduction in size and price are several breakthroughs in sensor technology and electronic design.
Gas Monitor design has finally caught up with the rest of the electronic world. While almost all electronic equipment has shrunk over the past 15 years, gas monitors had stayed the same, until now.
The Gas Alert Micro has only one circuit board. All of the usual electronic components have been miniaturized. It is much less costly to manufacture one board vs. 4 or 5 that other instruments use. Consequently the savings are passed on to you.
Less circuitry also means less chance of an electronic failure.
If you noticed in the Gas Alert Micro picture, there are only 3 sensor ports, yet the instrument is capable of detecting 4 gases. This is due to combining the CO and H2S sensors into one sensor body.
What does this mean for you?One less sensor means a smaller instrument. It also means that when you have to replace the sensors you will only have to replace one sensor instead of two.
This can lead to significant savings over several years of use as the combination sensor is the same price as other company's single sensors alone.
These sensors are the best on the market and manufactured by CityTech the worlds leading sensor manufacturer.
RuggednessThe smaller size of the Gas Alert Micro also allows it to be designed ergonomically for a perfect fit in the palm of your hand. This instrument just plain feels comfortable to hold, especially with its rubberized casing.
The rubberized casing is integrated into the case and does an excellent job of protecting the instrument. It is nearly impossible to crack, and will survive most falls.
Don't be misled about instruments with metal casings. These appear durable and rugged but this is a misperception.
Imagine an instrument with a metal case that weighs as much as a gallon of milk. Now picture this instrument being dropped from six feet. Physics tells us that because of the weight of the instrument, it is going to hit the ground with a tremendous force. Especially if the ground is concrete or something similar.
Being that the ground is concrete and the instrument metal, there is no cushioning whatsoever. The force has to go somewhere and its going to be absorbed by the circuit boards and sensors.
At this point the boards are likely to suffer broken tracks rendering them useless, and the pins on the sensors are most likely going to be sheared off.
The Gas alert Micro however, will take this fall much better due to its lighter weight and shock absorbing properties of the case. The instruments arched design also helps to distribute the forces much like an arch in bridge design.
Smaller designThe Gas Alert Micro's smaller design also allows you to wear it on your belt, just like a pager or cell phone. Most instruments on the market are so big and bulky that this would be next to impossible (unless you had a really good pair of suspenders).
This means you can clip it on at the beginning of your shift and forget about it; It's not going to weigh you down.
This is an even bigger benefit than it might appear. Gas monitors are often bought by companies at great expense, and then their workers don't use them because of their bulky design. Several gas related deaths showed that workers had a monitor but chose to leave it in their truck instead of using it.
If you are a safety manager trying to get your workers to cooperate before you get an OSHA fine, or even worse incur a death, then the Gas Alert Micro is a good choice.
Increased battery lifeAdvances in electronic design have also led to lower power consumption. These instruments will last 16-18 hours on one set of AA alkaline batteries or 14-16 hours on a set of rechargeable AA Nickel Metal Hydride batteries.
If you already own a gas monitor then you will instantly recognize this as a huge benefit and money savings. Now you don't have to be held hostage buying a manufacturer's overpriced proprietary battery pack.
Most monitors on the market use outdated NICAD batteries that are prone to memory conditions.
For example, if you only use the instrument for an hour a day and put it back on charge then after several weeks the instrument is going to develop a memory condition and only run for an hour a day. Then you are stuck buying another high priced battery.
None of this is a worry with the Gas Alert Micro.
And remember the 16-18 hour run time is enough for two shifts. So if you work overtime this isn't a problem. Other instruments will be dead by the start of the second shift leaving you without a monitor to use.
Noticeable alarmsThe Gas Alert Micro's alarms are quite noticeable. There are two high intesity red LED's at the top of the instrument. It also contains a 95 DB alarm that is equivalent in decibels to the sound of a train from 200 ft. In other words, it's loud. And if this isn't enough there's even a built in vibrating alarm at no extra cost.
Speaking of Alarms the unit also comes with TWA and STEL alarms. This is usually an added expense on other units.
The Gas Alert Micro is simple to operate. In most instances all you need to know is how to turn it on. The instrument does everything else. You just press one button to view TWA, STEL, and Peak readings.
Simple CalibrationCalibration is just as simple. Simply hold down two buttons to start the calibration procedure. Attach the gas when it tells you to and that's it. The instrument will alert you when its done.
If you want to make calibration even easier then consider the Microdock II which is a fully automated instrument calibration and bump check station. The Microdock II does a full diagnostic test and then calibrates the instrument and maintains the record. Now you don't even have to do the paperwork!
WarrantyThe Gas Alert Micro comes with a full two year warranty. This even covers the oxygen sensor, which is notorious for only lasting about a year in other instruments.
Were so confident that you'll like the Gas Alert Micro that we're offering a full 1 year money back guarantee so you can try the Gas Alert Micro Risk Free.
If you find that its not a good fit for you for whatever reason, simply return it for a no hassle refund.
And we're also offering a FULL 2 year warranty on the entire instrument including the sensors. If your familiar with other brands of Gas Detection equipment then you know that most Oxygen sensors are lucky to get 18 months worth of life.
Buying GuideIf your not sure what features are important for your specific application then please download our free guide "Ten things to consider before buying a gas monitor".
If you will be purchasing a gas monitor at some point in the future then please subscribe to our informative newsletter that contains only high quality information and will keep you updated on the latest technologies and price breaks.
If you have any questions about gas detection or gas monitors please don't hesitate to contact us at 1-877-580-3728 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org Also please don't forget to view the informative video at the top of the page to get an even better view of the Gas Alert Micro.