- All Products
- Shop by Brands
- BW Technologies
- BW Technologies
- BW Technologies Monitors
- BW Clip
- BW Clip4
- GasAlertClip Extreme
- GasAlert Extreme
- GasAlertMicroClip XT
- GasAlertMicroClip XL
- GasAlertMicroClip X3
- GasAlertMax XT II
- GasAlertMicro 5 Series
- IntelliDox Docking System
- MicroDock II
- Calibration Equipment
- Confined Space Kits
- GasAlertMicroClip XL Confined Space Kits
- GasAlertQuattro Confined Space Kits
- GasAlertMax XT II Confined Space Kits
- GasAlertMicro5 Confined Space Kits
- Sampling Equipment
- Sampling Accessories
- Gas Monitors
- Gas Monitor Manufacturers
- BW Technologies
- Gas Clip Technologies
- GfG Instruments
- Honeywell Analytics
- Otis Instruments
- RAE Instruments
- RKI Instruments
- Gas Monitor Categories
- Single-Gas Monitors
- Multi-Gas Monitors
- Zero Maintenance Monitors
- Fixed System Gas Monitors
- Confined Space Kits
- Wireless Fixed Point Gas Detectors
- Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) Monitors
- Calibration Gas
- Find By Instrument Brand
- Manufacturer Equivalent Cylinders
- *Ifyou are searching for a brand specific cylinder P/N# type it in thesearch box above, or navigate to the calibration section of yourinstrument brand
- Combustion Analyzers
- Water Quality
- Reliability Instruments
- All Categories
Gas Alert Extreme Single Gas Monitor by BW Technologies
What it does
- Single Gas monitor which detects one of the following gases: CO, H2S, O2, SO2, PH3, CL2, NH3, NO2, HCN, ETO, CLO2, O3, NO
- Multiple language and datalogging option
- Rugged, IP-66/67 highly water-resistant design
- Built-in concussion-proof boot
- Continuous LCD shows real-time gas concentration with backlight in low light (auto and on demand); in alarm (auto)
- LOW, HIGH, TWA and STEL alarms with adjustable set points
- Provides 95 dB tone and bright LED indication on alarm (typical)
- Internal vibrating alarm
- Compact (1.1 x 2.0 x 3.75 in. / 28 x 50 x 95 mm) and Lightweight (2.9 oz. / 82 g)
- 2-year battery life (typical) with replaceable 3V camera battery
- Simple auto-zero and calibration procedure
- Full function self-test of: sensor, battery, and circuitry integrity
*The Gas Alert Extreme is so Water Resistant that the U.S. Coast Guard signed a contract to use them exclusively in their operations
Are you looking for an extremely easy to use, reliable, and waterproof single gas instrument? Then the Gas Alert Extreme is the instrument you need.
How easy is the Gas Alert Extreme to use?All you need to do is turn the instrument on and that's it. No complicated settings and nothing else to do. If you would like to view the peak readings or OSHA STEL and TWA readings, simply press a button. In fact the Gas Alert Extreme is so easy to use that you don't even need to turn it off if you don't want to. The 3V Lithium Ion camera battery will last two years running continuously, is easily changed, and available at any location that sells batteries.
Alligator ClipThe alligator clip is extremely strong and will securely attach to your belt or shirt pocket without worrying that it will fall off.
There is also a D-ring which can be used for tying on a rope for hanging or lowering into a confined space. This D-ring can also be used to attach a lanyard to the gas alert extreme for wearing around the neck.
Highly Water ResistantOne of the most impressive featues of the Gas Alert Extreme is the ability to be completely submerged without damage. If you or your workers have ever dropped a unit in water, or forgot it outside in the rain you will instantly recognize how valuable this is, because other units that are less water resistant would be destroyed.
DurableThe Gas Alert Extreme is also extremely durable and will withstand most falls. The case is rubberized and shock absorbing and it will continue to operate even if dropped 15-20 feet or more.
Not an expert in gas detection and gas monitors? Not a problem with the Gas Alert Extreme. Just turn it on. That's all there is to it. If the unit exceeds OSHA predetermined alarm limits it will go notify you with 3 different alarms. Three extremely bright red leds surround the top of the instrument. A loud 95 decibel audible alarm is ear splitting, and a vibrating alarm is also included. Bottom line, if the Gas Alert Extreme goes into alarm it is almost impossible not to notice. This is extremely important for safety applications since other lesser quality instruments often have dim LED's or low sounding audible alarms. The Gas Alert Extreme gives you all of the protection you need to be safe from dangerous gasses.
If you find that you want to change settings on the instrument this is extremely easy as well. Simply press two button to enter the user menu and all of the instruments settings can be modified. For example if you wanted to change an alarm point or anything else everything is fully customizable.
CalibrationOne of the most common questions we receive is about calibration. Calibrating the Gas Alert Extreme couldn't be easier. Simply hold down two buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds and the instrument will go into calibration mode. Just attach your calibration gas when it tells you and when it's finished it will beep to let you know it's done. That's all there is to it.
Don't want to calibrate? Not a problem. The Gas Alert Extreme's calibration is good for 180 days. Simply send it in to be factory calibrated twice a year and there's no need to worry about calibration.
All of this in a size that is less than three ounces and about the size of a pager!
We're confident that the Gas Alert Extreme will be the best single gas monitor that you've ever used! If you don't agree just return it within 30 days for a full money back guarantee.