- All Products
- Shop by Brands
- BW Technologies
- BW Technologies
- BW Technologies Monitors
- BW Clip
- BW Clip4
- GasAlertClip Extreme
- GasAlert Extreme
- GasAlertMicroClip XT
- GasAlertMicroClip XL
- GasAlertMicroClip X3
- GasAlertMax XT II
- GasAlertMicro 5 Series
- IntelliDox Docking System
- MicroDock II
- BW Ultra
- BW Solo
- Calibration Equipment
- Confined Space Kits
- GasAlertMicroClip XL Confined Space Kits
- GasAlertQuattro Confined Space Kits
- GasAlertMax XT II Confined Space Kits
- GasAlertMicro5 Confined Space Kits
- Sampling Equipment
- Sampling Accessories
- Gas Monitors
- Gas Monitor Manufacturers
- BW Technologies
- Gas Clip Technologies
- GfG Instruments
- Honeywell Analytics
- RAE Instruments
- RKI Instruments
- Gas Monitor Categories
- Single-Gas Monitors
- Multi-Gas Monitors
- Zero Maintenance Monitors
- Fixed System Gas Monitors
- Confined Space Kits
- Wireless Fixed Point Gas Detectors
- Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) Monitors
- Calibration Gas
- Find By Instrument Brand
- Manufacturer Equivalent Cylinders
- *Ifyou are searching for a brand specific cylinder P/N# type it in thesearch box above, or navigate to the calibration section of yourinstrument brand
- Combustion Analyzers
- Water Quality
- Reliability Instruments
- All Categories
Milwaukee Free & Total Sulphur Mini-Titrator - MI455US
Share this product:
MI455US Free & Total Sulphur Mini-Titrator by Milwaukee
The Milwaukee MI455 PRO Mini-Titrator makes the measurement of free and total Sulfur Dioxide simple. The MI455 PRO can be used to test for free and total SO2 in all wines, including red. Using a modified Ripper method, the MI455 PRO Mini-Titrator does not rely on color change but uses potentiometric detection. The MI455 PRO Mini-Titrator automatically dispenses the titrant, determines the endpoint, and completes the calculations in a fraction of the time needed for a manual titration. The MI455 PRO uses a preprogrammed method and specialized ORP electrode combined with an algorithm to determine the end of the titration reaction.
The Milwaukee MI455 PRO SO2 Mini-Titrator is preferred by wine makers seeking results faster with lower costs and simple operation.
The Milwaukee PRO SO2 PRO Mini-Titrator offers:
The MI455 PRO Mini-Titrator is accurate to 5% of the reading with a resolution of 1 ppm with a range of 0-400 ppm. The titrator uses piston-driven pump for accurate dynamic dosing, a built-in magnetic stirrer for a faster reaction and lab grade platinum-ringed ORP electrode.
The MI455 PRO Mini-Titrator is designed to for simple one button operation with pre-standardized titrant and pre-measured reagents for easy set up.
The MI455 PRO Mini-Titrator uses a precision piston style dosing pump that dynamically adjusts the dosing volume as the voltage changes. With the MI455 PRO Mini-Titrator, you get a faster result with no need for manual intervention or calculation.
- Fast, easy to read results
- Accuracy to ±5% of reading
- Easy measurement: just measure the wine sample, add the reagents as directed, prepare ORP probe and pump, add the stabilizer and start the titration by pressing the start button
- Refillable, double junction lab grade ORP electrode for fast results with a screw on cap to ensure proper storage
- Compact design with a footprint of just 8.2 x 8.4 inches
- Built-in stirrer is automatically maintained at a speed of 1500 rpm
- Built-in algorithm to analyze the shape of the electrode response and to determine the reaction completion that automatically completes the analysis, makes all the necessary calculations and assures a simple and effective interface for the user
- Simple and reliable peristaltic pump that ensure high dosing repeatability with the ability to calibrate with the provided Milwaukee standards
- Ability to easily measure both free and total SO2
CARE AND USE
ORP electrodes usually start performing poorly because of problems with the probe. The two parts of the ORP probe that cause problems are the glass sensing bulb and the reference junction.
The glass bulb loses sensitivity with use and will eventually fail. This is true of all ORP probes.
The reference junction is a small hole that allows the meter to compare the sample to a reference. The reading is generated based on the electrical difference between the sample and reference. If the junction hole gets clogged, the ORP electrode will no longer function.
You can extend the life of your ORP electrode in the following ways.
CLEANING AND STORAGE
All ORP sensors have a limited life and response time gets longer with age. Properly maintaining your ORP electrode will give you fast, accurate results for longer. So, be sure to order the Milwaukee Maitenance Kit code PH-Main at checkout time! This will be needed to help clean and condition the pH electrode before use!
To minimize clogging the ORP probe needs to be kept hydrated. Long periods of dry storage will damage the sensitivity of the probe. Allowing the probe to dry out may also result in the junction hole getting clogged.
Storing in ORP probe storage solution MA9015 will help address both these issues. Do not store in tap water or DI water. This will damage the sensitivity of the probe.
The best way to store the probe is with the probe's cap filled with storage solution and the cap tightened to prevent leakage. It is also recommended that to store the electrode upright to further reduce the potential for leakage.
CLEANING AN MAINTENANCE
Residue from the sample can impact the sensitivity of the sensing bulb and clog the junction. This is especially true if the sample has a lot of organic material. We recommend regularly soaking your electrode in cleaning solution MA9016. Also:
1. Inspect the electotrode for damage or scratches, if present replace the electrode.
2. Inspect the cable. The connection cable and insulation must be intact.
3. Connectors should be clean and dry.
4. Rinse off salt deposits with water or DI water.
|Range||0 to 400 ppm SO2|
|Accuracy||5% of reading|
|Method||Ripper titrimetric method|
|Principle||Equivalence point redox titration|
|Sample Volume||50 mL|
|ORP Electrode||MA924B/1 (included)|
|Pump pressure||0.5 mL/min|
|Stirring speed||1500 rpm|
|Environment||0 to 50 °C (32 to 122 °F) ; max 95% RH non-condensing|
|Power supply||220V/50Hz; 10VA|
|Dimensions||8.2 x 8.4 x 6.4 inches (with beaker)|