- All Products
- Shop by Brands
- BW Technologies
- BW Technologies
- BW Technologies Monitors
- BW Clip
- BW Clip4
- GasAlertClip Extreme
- GasAlert Extreme
- GasAlertMicroClip XT
- GasAlertMicroClip XL
- GasAlertMicroClip X3
- GasAlertMax XT II
- GasAlertMicro 5 Series
- IntelliDox Docking System
- MicroDock II
- BW Ultra
- BW Solo
- Calibration Equipment
- Confined Space Kits
- GasAlertMicroClip XL Confined Space Kits
- GasAlertQuattro Confined Space Kits
- GasAlertMax XT II Confined Space Kits
- GasAlertMicro5 Confined Space Kits
- Sampling Equipment
- Sampling Accessories
- Gas Monitors
- Gas Monitor Manufacturers
- BW Technologies
- Gas Clip Technologies
- GfG Instruments
- Honeywell Analytics
- RAE Instruments
- RKI Instruments
- Gas Monitor Categories
- Single-Gas Monitors
- Multi-Gas Monitors
- Zero Maintenance Monitors
- Fixed System Gas Monitors
- Confined Space Kits
- Wireless Fixed Point Gas Detectors
- Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) Monitors
- Calibration Gas
- Find By Instrument Brand
- Manufacturer Equivalent Cylinders
- *Ifyou are searching for a brand specific cylinder P/N# type it in thesearch box above, or navigate to the calibration section of yourinstrument brand
- Combustion Analyzers
- Water Quality
- Reliability Instruments
- All Categories
AccuTrak VPE-GN Pro-Plus Kit
Share this product:
VPE-GN Pro-Plus Kit by Superior AccuTrak
The Patented Superior AccuTrak® VPE-GN “Gooseneck” represents state-of-the-art technology for pinpointing leaks in air conditioning and refrigeration systems. The new 9˝” flexible Gooseneck provides better detection in hard-to-reach places, and is great for automotive applications too. AccuTrak® is extremely sensitive to the ultrasonic sound of a turbulent gas leak. Using the latest "heterodyning" technology it translates the sound to a lower frequency which your ear can interpret. The VPE-GN maintains the original sound characteristics making it possible to distinguish leaks from other competing background sounds. AccuTrak® is so sensitive you can actually hear the blink of an eye, yet most background noise will not interfere with detection accuracy. Like all Superior AccuTrak® instruments, the VPE-GN easily detects leaks of ANY gas or refrigerant, compressed air, and even vacuum leaks.
The AccuTrak® VPE-GN Pro-Plus Kit is our most comprehensive VPE-GN Kit, for the serious technician who needs the maximum capability from an ultrasonic instrument with a GooseNeck. The VPE-GN Pro-Plus Kit includes the upgraded professional Noise Cancelling Headphones PLUS the powerful Burst Tone Sound Generator, in the larger case to keep everything together. The VPE-GN Pro-Plus Kit offers unrivaled functionality and versatility for a fraction of the cost of any competitive system with similar performance. Find any kind of leak, in any environment, find bad gaskets and door seals – and do it all well, in hard-to-reach places you can’t even see! If you do a variety of work, and need a cost effective professional kit that can do it all, the Superior AccuTrak® VPE-GN Pro-Plus Kit is for you.
- VPE-GN Leak Detector
- Sound Generator
- Noise Blocking Headphones
- Large Carry Case
- Leak Detection: Air, Vacuum, Refrigerants; ANY GAS!
- Steam Traps: Detect live steam loss in seconds!
- Valves: Detect/hear internal leakage in check, ball, needle, gate or any type of valve! Diagnose thermal expansion valves in just five minutes!
- Bearing Wear: Hear wear and lubrication problems before damage is done!
- Gooseneck Configuration: allows operator to get accurate readings in hard to reach places.
- Audio Output: 0 Hz to 4 kHz Natural Sound conversion allows you to Hear the Leak, and distinguish leaks from mechanical or other background ultrasound.
- Visual Output: 10 element bar graph provides quick and intuitive visual indication to presence of and relative strength of ultrasound.
- Adjustable Sensitivity: allows operator to quickly identify leaks from a distance, and then zero in on the exact location of the leak.
- Capable of detecting a 5 psi leak out of a 0.005" (5/1000 inch) hole, 20 to 30 feet away depending on background noise.
- Easily detects any gas that generates ultrasonic sound during flow – including vacuum leaks.
- Capable of detecting leaks equivalent to 1.5 oz/year of Refrigerant.
- Works equally well for compressed Air or Nitrogen.
- Not affected by wind or high concentrations of leaked gas or refrigerant.
Kits for Every Application
Whether you only need the basic functions of the VPE-GN or you plan to take full advantage of the instrument's diverse capabilities, we have a kit that will meet your needs! Click the "Find Your Kit" tab above to learn more.
Advantages Versus Sniffers
- AccuTrak® VPE is a much more accurate and reliable instrument for detecting single and multiple leaks.
- AccuTrak® VPE can detect any type of refrigerant gas including nitrogen.
- AccuTrak® VPE detects both vacuum and pressure leaks.
- AccuTrak® VPE is effective in gas saturated areas and under windy conditions.
- AccuTrak® VPE does not require the introduction of tracer gases into the system, which can be ozone depleting when vented, and can also be harmful to ones health.
- AccuTrak® VPE is battery powered for cordless operation
Advantages versus other Ultrasonic Leak Detectors
- AccuTrak® VPE is #1 in technology. We wrote the book on ultrasonic leak detection, our patented instruments lead the industry!
- AccuTrak® VPE is the original! it is not a copy.
- AccuTrak® VPE is the most durable unit available, with the best warranty. The face of the unit is sealed with no pin holes/speakers for foreign objects to enter.
- AccuTrak® VPE has more dynamic range, and wont overload in loud areas.
- AccuTrak® VPE gives true audio sound reproduction instead of the "beeps and squeals" of other instruments.
|Dimensions (LWD)||4.15” (10.5cm) X 2.4" (61mm) X .875" (22.22mm)|
|Overall Length||5.5” (14cm)|
|Body Finish||Blue ABS|
|Top Label||Velvet Lexan, Back Printed|
|Weight||0.3lb (138gr) Includes Battery|
|Airborne Sensor Sensitivity||-80db/V-µbar|
|Detection Performance*||1.5oz/yr Refrigerant|
|Ultrasound Converter type||Heterodyne|
|Frequency response, AirBorne||36kHz-42kHz|
|Sensitivity Control||Continually Variable Slide|
|Output, Audio||0Hz to 4kHz|
|Output, Visual||10 Element Bar Graph|
|Battery Type||9 Volt|
|Run Time||80-120 hrs|