- All Products
- Shop by Brands
- BW Technologies
- BW Technologies
- BW Technologies Monitors
- BW Clip
- BW Clip4
- GasAlertClip Extreme
- GasAlert Extreme
- GasAlertMicroClip XT
- GasAlertMicroClip XL
- GasAlertMicroClip X3
- GasAlertMax XT II
- GasAlertMicro 5 Series
- IntelliDox Docking System
- MicroDock II
- BW Ultra
- BW Solo
- Calibration Equipment
- Confined Space Kits
- GasAlertMicroClip XL Confined Space Kits
- GasAlertQuattro Confined Space Kits
- GasAlertMax XT II Confined Space Kits
- GasAlertMicro5 Confined Space Kits
- Sampling Equipment
- Sampling Accessories
- Gas Monitors
- Gas Monitor Manufacturers
- BW Technologies
- Gas Clip Technologies
- GfG Instruments
- Honeywell Analytics
- RAE Instruments
- RKI Instruments
- Gas Monitor Categories
- Single-Gas Monitors
- Multi-Gas Monitors
- Zero Maintenance Monitors
- Fixed System Gas Monitors
- Confined Space Kits
- Wireless Fixed Point Gas Detectors
- Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) Monitors
- Calibration Gas
- Find By Instrument Brand
- Manufacturer Equivalent Cylinders
- *Ifyou are searching for a brand specific cylinder P/N# type it in thesearch box above, or navigate to the calibration section of yourinstrument brand
- Combustion Analyzers
- Water Quality
- Reliability Instruments
- All Categories
AccuTrak VPE Standard Kit
Share this product:
VPE Standard Kit by Superior AccuTrak
The Patented Superior AccuTrak® VPE represents state-of-the-art technology for pinpointing leaks is air conditioning and refrigeration systems. AccuTrak® is extremely sensitive to the ultrasonic sound of a turbulent gas leak. Using a technology called "heterodyning" it translates the sound to a lower frequency which your ear can interpret. AccuTrak maintains the original sound characteristics making it possible to distinguish leaks from other competing background sounds. AccuTrak is so sensitive you can actually hear the blink of an eye, yet most background noise will not interfere with detection accuracy.
The AccuTrak® VPE Standard Kit offers literally twice the functionality of the Basic Kit with the addition of the AccuTrak® Touch Probe and Waveguide. Utilizing the Touch Probe, the VPE can troubleshoot thermal expansion valves in less than 5 minutes, and find faulty steam traps in just seconds! The Touch Probe can also be used to detect worn bearings and faulty valves. With the Waveguide attachment a technician can gain better access to hard-to-reach places and better determine the location of leaks that would otherwise be inaccessible. This is our most popular kit for a reason!
- VPE Leak Detector
- Hard Case
- Touch Probe
- Leak Detection: Air, Vacuum, Refrigerants; ANY GAS!
- Steam Traps: Detect live steam loss in seconds!
- Valves: Detect/hear internal leakage in check, ball, needle, gate or any type of valve! Diagnose thermal expansion valves in just five minutes!
- Bearing Wear: Hear wear and lubrication problems before damage is done!
- Audio Output: 0 Hz to 4 kHz Natural Sound conversion allows you to Hear the Leak, and distinguish leaks from mechanical or other background ultrasound.
- Visual Output: 10 element bar graph provides quick and intuitive visual indication to presence of and relative strength of ultrasound.
- Adjustable Sensitivity: allows operator to quickly identify leaks from a distance, and then zero in on the exact location of the leak.
- Capable of detecting a 5 psi leak out of a 0.005" (5/1000 inch) hole, 20 to 30 feet away depending on background noise.
- Easily detects any gas that generates ultrasonic sound during flow – including vacuum leaks.
- Capable of detecting leaks equivalent to 1.5 oz/year of Refrigerant.
- Works equally well for compressed Air or Nitrogen.
- Not affected by wind or high concentrations of leaked gas or refrigerant.
Kits for Every Application
Whether you only need the basic functions of the VPE or you plan to take full advantage of the instrument's diverse capabilities, we have a kit that will meet your needs! Click the "Find Your Kit" tab above to learn more.
Advantages Versus Sniffers
- AccuTrak® VPE is a much more accurate and reliable instrument for detecting single and multiple leaks.
- AccuTrak® VPE can detect any type of refrigerant gas including nitrogen.
- AccuTrak® VPE detects both vacuum and pressure leaks.
- AccuTrak® VPE is effective in gas saturated areas and under windy conditions.
- AccuTrak® VPE does not require the introduction of tracer gases into the system, which can be ozone depleting when vented, and can also be harmful to ones health.
- AccuTrak® VPE is battery powered for cordless operation
Advantages versus other Ultrasonic Leak Detectors
- AccuTrak® VPE is #1 in technology. We wrote the book on ultrasonic leak detection, our patented instruments lead the industry!
- AccuTrak® VPE is the original! it is not a copy.
- AccuTrak® VPE is the most durable unit available, with the best warranty. The face of the unit is sealed with no pin holes/speakers for foreign objects to enter.
- AccuTrak® VPE has more dynamic range, and wont overload in loud areas.
- AccuTrak® VPE gives true audio sound reproduction instead of the "beeps and squeals" of other instruments.
|Dimensions (LWD)||4.15” (10.5cm) X 2.4" (61mm) X .875" (22.22mm)|
|Overall Length||5.5” (14cm)|
|Body Finish||Blue ABS|
|Top Label||Velvet Lexan, Back Printed|
|Weight||0.3lb (138gr) Includes Battery|
|Airborne Sensor Sensitivity||-80db/V-µbar|
|Detection Performance*||1.5oz/yr Refrigerant|
|Ultrasound Converter type||Heterodyne|
|Frequency response, AirBorne||36kHz-42kHz|
|Sensitivity Control||Continually Variable Slide|
|Output, Audio||0Hz to 4kHz|
|Output, Visual||10 Element Bar Graph|
|Battery Type||9 Volt|
|Run Time||80-120 hrs|